Vaping has exploded in recent years and has become increasingly popular, especially among the younger generations. Also known as e-cigarettes, vapes heat liquid to the point of combustion before being inhaled by the user, and unlike smoking, vaporizers produce large clouds of vapor when exhaled. These “vape clouds” can be manipulated to create aesthetically-pleasing streams and rings of vapor. Vape tricks have gained popularity and have become a much sought after skill. If you are wanting to become a pro vaper, you will need to start with the basics.
What You Will Need to Begin
While all vapes will produce clouds, experienced vapers know certain types of e-cigs and mods produce different variants of cloud volume. Cloud chasers may need to purchase a particular mod to get the desired effect for some vape tricks; however, for the following tricks, a general e-cig will work just fine. Ensure you have a quality vape liquid and vaporizer for best results.
Here are a few of the most common vape tricks you can master:
Blowing O’s is one of the most quintessential tricks you can learn with a vape. It is one of the oldest tricks in the book, and one of the most alluring. Here is what you need to do:
- Take a hit of your vape pen (a bit more than you normally would).
- Once it fills your lungs, gently push upwards.
- Make a small O-shape with your mouth (as if you were saying “boo”).
- Keep your tongue flat and at the back of your mouth.
- Push a small amount of vapor out of your mouth using your throat (almost like a light cough).
This trick will take practice, but it is one of the more versatile tricks you can learn, since you can build other tricks off of this one. When you get the hang of it, you will be able to blow both big and small O’s.
Have you mastered vaping O’s yet? If so, it may be time to switch it up a bit with double rings. The same principles apply to blowing double O’s as it does blowing singular O’s, but with a twist. If you are ready to blow double (or even triple) rings at the same time, this is what you will need:
- Take a generous hit of your vape pen.
- Press your index finger on your top lip in the middle of your mouth.
- This should leave two openings on each side of your mouth (keep a wider mouth for best results).
- Push a small amount of vapor upwards (like you would with single O’s).
This will create two O’s that come out at once. If you are able to conquer this feat, then you can try triple rings, where the same rules apply except you are using one additional finger to split your mouth.
The Ghost Inhale
This is a great option for beginners since it doesn’t require too much focus or practice. Also known as a mushroom cloud, users can usually do well on their first try. It involves a slow release of a vapor ball before usually being quickly sucked back in. Here is how to do it:
- Take a hit of your vape pen and hold it in your oral cavity for a moment.
- Open your mouth in an O-shape and push out some of the vape with your tongue or jaw (this isn’t a big movement) and it should come out in a concentrated ball.
- Quickly sip the smoke back in.
This trick doesn’t take too much practice to get the hang of. This trick also looks great in pictures since the vape cloud is so dense.
This trick has become a social media legend. It involves whipping a pool of vapor up to create a tornado-like effect. This one is a bit more advanced but can be mastered with enough practice. Here is how to perform The Tornado:
- Before beginning, ensure there are no windows or doors open. This works best in a “still” environment.
- Find a flat surface (a clear smooth table works best).
- Take a hit of the vape pen (a bit more than normal).
- Slowly breathe the vapor cloud onto the flat surface of your choice to create a pool.
- Tightly close all your fingers and put your hand in the pool you just created.
- Drive your hand up quickly to simulate the tornado effect.
Once you are a pro at The Tornado, you will be impressing all of your friends.
This vape trick goes down in the book as one of the most mesmerizing. You also don’t have to be an advanced vaper to perform this one! If you are a frequent bar-goer, you have probably seen this trick (it is a bartender specialty). Much like the tornado, you will need a flat surface to ensure there are not windows or doors open. As far as materials, get a water bottle with a bit of frozen water at the bottom. Here is what you will do:
- Take a large hit of vape (more than normal). It works best with a high volume of vapor.
- While holding the bottle upright, drain your vape into the water bottle.
- Once in the water bottle, tilt the bottle slowly (as if you are pouring it out).
- The vapor will slowly fall out of the bottle, almost like a waterfall.
While this feat is not difficult to learn, it does require a bit of focus and patience. Remember this as you practice your waterfall!
If you are a fan of aquatic marine life, you will definitely love the jellyfish. Your vapor simulates a jellyfish swimming through the water. Mastering blowing O’s is a prerequisite to learning this trick. You will need to know not only how to blow solid O’s, but also vary their sizes. Here is how to make a jellyfish swim:
- Inhale the vapor from your pen into your lungs.
- Blow a big voluminous O.
- Right after, blow a smaller O inside the larger O.
The resulting effect will imitate a jellyfish swimming in the sea. This vape trick is a crowd-pleaser, but will take practice to master.
This type of vape trick creates the effect of having a ring through your nose, much like that of a bull. Luckily, this type of ring doesn’t require a painful piercing. Before giving this a try, you will need to have already mastered blowing O’s. To recreate the look of a bull ring, here is exactly what you will need to do:
- Take your vape and inhale a generous amount of vapor.
- Blow a medium-sized O into the air.
- Lean forward and inhale the circle slowly with your nose. This will create the effect of having a bull ring.
This is an intermediate trick that will require a bit of time and energy. Consider practicing in front of a mirror or your phone camera to see exactly how it looks.
This trick involves manipulating your vapor and pushing it in different directions. It is one of the more popular tricks can really impress a group of friends. While there are many different variations of vape bending, it is important to get the hang of the basic bend. If you are ready to conquer the vape bend, here are the steps you need to take:
- Inhale vapor from your pen into your lungs.
- Blow a medium-sized O with your mouth.
- Slowly cup your hand around the O and push it where you want it to go (this should be a slow moving push).
Be careful not to make sudden movements or push to fast, since this can break the ring of vapor. Follow these steps and you will be a pro vape bender!
This advanced vape trick requires a strong understanding of how to blow O’s. Once you feel comfortable making an O-shape with your vapor, this is a great way to take your shapes to the next level. It involves making a triangle shape with your rings by manipulating the ring mid-air. Here is what you will need to do to make triangles:
- Inhale a generous amount of vapor into your lungs before exhaling a ring from your mouth.
- Much like vape bending, push it ever so slightly by cupping your hands.
- Quickly tap one side of the ring and watch it morph into a triangle.
This one takes a few times to get the timing and overall force just right. If you hit the circle too hard, the ring will break.
To recreate a lasso, you will need to channel your inner cowboy. This one requires precision and good timing. It involves expanding a ring and blowing a small ring into it, so ideally, you should be a master at blowing O’s. If done correctly, it creates the illusion of a lasso. If you are looking to give this advanced vape trick a try, here is how to do it:
- Blow a large thick ring of vapor.
- Use your hand to push out the vapor and expand the circle.
- Quickly blow a small ring through the middle of the larger one.
- If done at the right momentum, the large ring wraps around the small one, creating the lasso effect.
This one is a bit more complicated than previous tricks. It will take time to get the timing and momentum just right to create the “wrapping” effect.
This one is great for lovers of fantasy. Dragonesque, or The Dragon, is a vape trick that mimics how a dragon breathes smoke. Who doesn’t want to learn to breath smoke like a dragon? This trick isn’t too difficult to get the hang of since it is mostly just exhaling your vapor. Here is what you will need to do:
- Take a big hit of your vape pen.
- Once it has entered your lungs, exhale it all out through the corners of your mouth and nose.
It may be a bit tricky at first exhaling both orally and through nasal passages. The first couple tries you can start with just exhaling from just one before you add the other.
Bane & French
This trick is for the more experienced vapers. It gets its name from the notorious Batman villain, Bane. The smoke emulates the mask that Bane wears in the movie. It requires pushing vapor from your mouth while inhaling it back through your nostrils. If you are looking to channel your inner bane, here is how:
- Inhale a hit from your vape and let it settle in your oral cavity.
- Push your jaw out (almost as if you had an overbite).
- Allow the cloud to exit naturally from your jaw.
- Breathe in through your nostrils for the desired Bane effect.
The trick here is to be continually breathing through your nostrils the whole time.
This one is definitely one of the more fun tricks you can learn. While this one isn’t necessarily difficult, it will require a few key items. Here is what you will need:
- The top section of a plastic water bottle (cut in half or close to the top).
- Dish soap and water.
- A bowl (for the soap and water).
Once you have your items, add a generous amount of soap to a bit of water and mix in the bowl. Use the bottom part (open end) of your cut water bottle in the mixture. The rim will make for the “bubble mold” Once you are all set with materials, the rest is pretty simple:
- Take a generous hit from your vape pen.
- Blow into the nozzle side of your makeshift bottle creation to form a bubble.
- Once the bubble detaches from the water, you will have a vape bubble.
Vape tricks may be a great way to entertain your friends at parties, but it can also promote relaxation as well. While some of the above tricks will take practice to nail down, you will eventually be able to build off of these fundamentals to create your own signature style of vape tricks. Good luck and happy vaping!
Due to FDA Regulations, we recommend that you do your own research on CBD products. We also suggest that you read the reviews on our website, where our customers record their real-world results of using our products.